Thursday 12 August 2021

Second etc., etc...

 

Same conditions as yesterday, apart from a tad less of a breeze (still too much to put up my umbrella unanchored, and I didn't feel like that, so I didn't). Air still humid and chilly, doing a world of good for my joints and bones. Hands cold. Likely the last expedition this summer.

Herons, geese, a falcon.

One dog-walker + dog, far away. Before seven, a stocky man on an electric bike whizzed by, on his way to work, presumably.

What I learned these two days:

    - I need to draw more often.

    - I still feel the need to be closer by the sea; the real thing - with a surf, a rhythm, variability and stuff like that.

    - My favorite weather is still: mist + intermittent showers + fog + low humidity + gusty wind (from the SE!) + high clouds + some haziness + low clouds + a smidgeon of sun. So, all in all, not too much to ask. 

    - I still feel the need for working longer on drawings - homework?

    - I still don't know how to draw, which is a great relief. Eye, hand and mind are still as mutually suspicious, enough at loggerheads, to prevent (total) routine. What is left from this strife, on the paper, is, I guess, an uneasy compromise, a precarious truce. May it ever be so. If not, then all-out war, der totale Krieg. And my materials are as luxurious as ever, split & hammered bamboo and Kleenex making a renewed entrance today. 

Just maybe, one last bout of summer weather soon?


2021.8.12.1

2021.8.12.2

2021.8.12.3

2021.8.12.4

2021.8.12.5

2021.8.11.6

2021.8.12.7


No comments:

Post a Comment